Who We Are:
SixLeaf is THE leading marketing platform for third party sellers on Amazon.com as well as a variety of other marketplaces. We offer a suite of complete software solutions for brands, both big and small, selling online. These solutions significantly improve marketplace performance and profit for our clients.
Our mission is to help as many brands as possible scale to the point where they are household names. And our goal is to be the very best at it. By helping quality brands grow, not only can we assist our clients to achieve their dreams, but we make the market a better place for consumers. Each member of our team shares in the joy and responsibility of making the ecommerce world a better place.
What We Are Looking For:
Do you love data? Do you love to experiment? Do you love FACTS?
SixLeaf is looking for someone who is passionate about these things. Someone who, with the fervor of an investigative reporter, wants to get to the inner workings of a thing. Someone who doesn’t care for hype and is mostly concerned about the truth.
If you have a passion for research and technical writing, this may be the perfect position for you.
Why Work With Us?
We are a startup, so the job can be demanding at times. We operate in a competitive and fast moving industry, but there’s lots of excitement surrounding it, and there are tons of things to learn. Other benefits include:
- Learn Something New: It is very unlikely you’ve ever worked on a project quite like this. You’ll be exposed to a fascinating and challenging new world where you will be learning about an incredibly exciting industry that is still in its infancy.
- Make More Money: To put it bluntly; we are generous. As a startup, we don’t quite have each benchmark that determines bonus structures and pay increases set in stone yet, but we have consistently been extremely giving. We’ve given a bonus each year for the “Christmas” season. We’ve given raises after each 90-day probationary period. We also regularly increase pay based on exemplary performance.
- Expand Your Skillset: You’ll be exposed to people from around the world who each bring a unique set of skills to the table. You’ll also be learning the intricacies of a relatively new industry to the SAAS space, which will require expansion on current knowledge. Overall, you will walk away from this job a more capable and productive individual.
SixLeaf is looking to hire a Data Scientist to join our fast growth startup! SixLeaf has established itself in the market as a trusted leader that provides content regularly based on exciting experiments and helpful data. It is critical that we can present not only the facts, but also unique combinations of aggregated data to illustrate important and helpful data points for online sellers.
You'll be responsible for creating experiments and finding the right data combinations to draw logical and educated conclusions. By outlining parallels and correlations, you'll be shining a light on the otherwise dimly lit world of ecommerce, and specifically Amazon, data.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related field.
- MBA is a plus
- Proven track record of delivering highly-scalable and reliable data science solutions through multiple cycles
- Strong ability to communicate insights and analysis via appropriate visualization tools, methods and techniques
- Excellent information management skills (architecture, design, development and support) in ETL, Database, EDW, Reporting & Big Data is a must
- Strong experience on at least 2-3 different technology stacks in each of the ETL, DW, Reporting & Big Data space
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts and “storytelling”
- Attention to detail with self-discipline, strong ownership and accountability and drive for results
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and have influence across organizational boundaries
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be tasked with being a steward of the company data and will provide novel strategies and ideas for leveraging new data sources, development of custom analytics to uncover valuable opportunities and insights, and spearhead rapid prototyping
- You will approach problems from multiple angles and will develop and test complex models to enhance, track, and drive client sales
- While a technical skills set in R, Python, and Machine Learning are key to this role, a strong business acumen for e-commerce search optimization, price elasticity, and the psychology of sales and demand is equally required.
- You will also be a thought leader in the organization as they branch into new e-commerce spaces, and new ways to approach data monetization
- Understand all of the operational and business aspects and data streams of SixLeaf
- Utilize Machine Learning applications to enhance proprietary marketing and analytics software services in an Agile environment
- Maintain and update business intelligence systems that are in place
- Constantly research new information in the industry and drive the creation, prototyping, and iteration of novel business analytics advancements